4K Ultra HD (UHD) offers four times the pixel resolution of HDTV with 60Hz frame rate for smooth motion and 10-bit colour for a stunningly realistic viewing experience with striking visual details.
Reduce costs and extend your service reach with HEVC.
High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC), also known as H.265, ensures that you can deliver 4K Ultra HD services cost effectively by providing up to 50% better bandwidth compression than current AVC (H.264) technology. HEVC can also be applied to HDTV services to reduce bandwidth costs and extend your service reach to customers with slower internet connections. Improve your compression rates without compromising quality.
KEY BENEFITS OF AMINO'S 4K UHD & HEVC SOLUTION:
- Enable more streams per customer to support more viewing locations per home
- Increase the number of simultaneous recording sessions
- Support wider coverage areas with wireless distribution via in-home Wi-Fi or mobile LTE
- Increase customer satisfaction with 4K Ultra HD content
The following table illustrates the relative compression levels for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and HEVC for standard definition, high definition and ultra high definition content. MPEG-4 is typically 50% more efficient than MPEG-2, and HEVC is typically about 60% more efficient than MPEG-4.
|Video Resolution||H.262 (MPEG-2)||H.264 (MPEG-4)||H.265 (HEVC)|
|SD (720×576/720×480)||8 Mb/s||4 Mb/s||1.7 Mb/s|
|HD (1920×1080)||16 Mb/s||8 Mb/s||3.3 Mb/s|
|UHD (3840×2160)||N.A.||16 Mb/s||6.6 Mb/s|
AMINO 6 SERIES
Our new 6 Series of future-proof 4K Ultra HD and HEVC hybrid TV devices includes a number of different models with flexible options to deploy next generation services:
- A powerful 4K Ultra HD/HEVC DVR with advanced 802.11ac (4×4) Wi-Fi and MoCA networking options and dual 720p30 transcoding to support multi-screen and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) applications.
- A high performance 4K Ultra HD/HEVC client device with advanced 802.11ac (4×4) Wi-Fi and MoCA networking options enabling the deployment of new services with 4K Ultra HD content delivered either as part of an operator IPTV pay TV service or through OTT applications.
- A cost-effective IPTV client device enabling operators to reduce high definition (HD) TV service delivery costs by extending their reach over existing IP networks.
- A high performance hybrid HD HEVC client device with a range of tuner options for delivering a seamless user experience that blends live and OTT services across broadcast and IP networks.